CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

MIA

A Year of Writing in Kindergarten





Whew, missing in action is putting it mildly.  The last couple of months have been crazy but hopefully I can find time to get back to my blogging life.  For the past two years I have only taught math but starting next year I am going back to teaching all the subjects.  As much as I love math, I am pretty excited about going back to teaching everything.  I have a lot of work to do to prepare for the reading and writing.  The writing is my biggest concern.  I created this journal that I am going to use.  We will be doing writing daily but I am thinking that once a week they will do a writing assignment that they will keep in this journal.  At the end of the year they will be able to take it home and look back at the growth they made throughout the entire year in one book.  I know the children will enjoy looking back through it and I'm pretty sure the parents will love it too.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I'm your newest follower! I hope you'll check out my "manly" blog!

    Greg
    Smedley's Smorgasboard of Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

Kindergarten - TeachersPayTeachers.com Follow Me on Pinterest
Photobucket
Smart Kinder Cookies