CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 13, 2013

100th Day Trail Mix


Our 100th day of school is coming up in a couple of weeks.  Like so many of you awesome teachers, I make trail mix with my kindergartners.  I know lots of people have the children fill out something like what I have posted above, however, I have tweaked it to fit the needs of all of us "healthy schools" out there.  At our school we are not allowed to use m&m's, skittles, chocolate chips, nuts (for allergy reasons), etc.  These are the items that have been approved for our school, maybe they will work for yours.  The items pictured are as follows:
Cheese Ball Puffs
Cheerios
Teddy Grahams or Gummy Bears
Fruit snacks
Marshmallows
Pretzels
Goldfish Crackers
Popcorn
Animal Crackers
Oyster Crackers
If you would like a copy of this free resource, simply click here or on the picture above to go to my TPT store.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I've never done the trail mix. Can you explain how you have the kids use the worksheet and how they sort the food? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi,

    I will post a picture of the sorting mats I use later this evening. But I keep it very simple. I put out bowls of the trail mix ingredients and the children count out 10 of each ingredient. They write how many of each in the blank on the paper and when all is said and done they have 100. We use this activity to practice counting by 10's to 100. Every now and then I get someone that is allergic to one of the ingredients so they take 20 of something else.

    I have tried doing this full group but we end up having a lot of waiting time as they wait for their turn so I have switched to making it a center table on the 100th day. This works MUCH better as I only have 4-5 making their trail mix at one time while other children are working at their 100th day center. They have to save their trail mix and we eat it at the end of the day for our snack that day.

    Let me know if any of this isn't clear or if there is anything I can do to help out to make your 100th day fun and successful! Look for those pictures a little later. Have a good one!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Kindergarten - TeachersPayTeachers.com Follow Me on Pinterest
Photobucket
Smart Kinder Cookies